FAQ’s About Mold

Below are some of the most common questions we receive. If you don’t see your question, please contact one of our mold specialists in your area and we’ll be happy to help.

Is mold in a house dangerous?

Yes, when mold is growing in a home toxic spores are being released and flowing through the vents and air ducts to every room of the home. The spores are then breathed in by the occupants and can cause serious medical problems.

Mold is definitely harmful to breathe. The severity of the mold as well as the type of mold and the persons individual tolerance will factor into the actual effects the mold has on the human body. Growth often occurs in hidden places inside a home and is the source of mysterious illnesses.

Depending on the type of spores growing, illnesses ranging from sinus infections and allergies to Alzheimer’s disease and MS can result. Illnesses can be very serious and mold toxins in a body are difficult for family doctors to measure. If you feel sick and the doctors aren’t sure why, getting your home tested for mold is a great idea.

NO! This is  a common misconception. Bleach will cause the mold spores to lose their color and appear to be gone, however, the spores will not die. They will continue to grow without color and using a liquid bleach can even increase the speed at which they grow because of the added moisture and humidity.

The individual mold spores are flowing throughout the open air all of time. When the small amount of spores are breathed outdoors they are combined with such a large portion of fresh are that they rarely have an effect. Sometimes in the spring the outdoor counts increase an create outdoor allergies. However when moisture is aloud to dwell on a porous surface inside a building these few mold spores will attach themselves to that surface and begin to grow at a rapid pace. Once these spores have attached it takes much more than household cleaners to break there strong hold.

There are over the counter products like KILZ that will slow the growth of the spores. However, this will only slow down the problem and can still cause serious health effects. To get your home completely free of mold using the most technologically advanced method in the world call the certified remediation company Pure Maintenance.

 

US Army Corps of Engineers Tests Our System

Learn how our unique dry fog system stood up to the rigorous tests put forth by the US Army Corps of Engineers

Read 3rd Party Reports

Move the fight on fungus back in your favor. Schedule your free evaluation now!